Thursday 24 March 2011

Drowning in Paper?

Want me to tell you about something pretty awesome? OK! Have you switched to paperless billing? If you haven't then you should. It's awesome! All you need to do is log into your online banking or create accounts for your utilities (just keep using the same unique username and password and it will all be easy to remember) and find where it says to go to paperless billing. (usually not very hard to find) You can normally access up to about 18 months worth of bills or statements at any one time to view or print off if you need to.


Also, on all of my online bills I can download them as a pdf file and save them on my computer so I've created folders that are handy for tax time. Awesome. You get an email when a new bill is due. Awesome. Now I hardly ever have a huge stack of papers on the corner of my desk waiting to be filed away and I don't have to worry about throwing out any documents that a garbage snooper might pick up.


These are the online statements I now get...
1. TD chequing
2. TD savings                                             
3 & 4. CIBC credit cards  
5. Royal bank savings
6. Telus Internet
7. Bell Mobility
8. BC Hydro
9. Terasen Gas


Think of ALLL that paper I'm saving every single month! AND all the paper I don't friggin have to deal with anymore! Like I said.. it's AWESOME! You should do it too!


If you've switched I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments section or if you have a bit of trouble with computers and need some guidance on how to get there let me know. I can help!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information, paperless is the way I shall go but it will be hard not going back and forth to the mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Don't worry, not walking to the mailbox aimlessly will be hard at first but it will get easier with time ;)

    ReplyDelete